- The party took shelter in a ruined Keep’s basement
- Ran into Orc’s and the usual stuff, when they left the keep they than ran into a floating demon, which they hastily destroyed.
- They went to town than got on a convoy to the Human city of Core
- On the way they came to a small checkpoint that informed them that a quarantine was set-up and the convoy cannot continue until the situation at Calliope was resolved
- Party than went to Calliope (a nearby city) and discovered the city under attack by Mephits and Orcs.
- Party helped a small band of soldiers regroup with their commander. They than proceeded to attack the town-hall where they came across an Erinyes Demon. A fight broke out and the party killed the demoness.
- Party continued on their journey to Core and informed the city of what happened. The city was shocked and the following day the Calliope commander arrived and validated the report. Caladon was notified and soon a meeting was called at the embassy.
- A young general called Mohia Matara was assigned to evaluate the party where she gave them a small assignment to clear the towns sewers (Unbeknownst to the party there were several mechanical constructs digging in the sewers).
- The party killed one of the mechanical constructs while the other two burrowed away. The remains were brought before the Caledonians, who performed analysis of their composition. It was revealed that molecules of a rare mineral were used in the construction of the mechanics, at the same time they discovered that the demoness from Calliope had the same mineral in her hair.
- The Mineral had only been found in one place, the Arctic shelf, so an expedition was organised to explore the inhospitable region. The party was ordered to head to Mogana and await the formation of the fleet.
- The party got a boat to Mogana from the Core docks and arrived in Mogana three days later. Upon arriving they set about performing rudimentary tasks as the formation of the fleet would take five days.
- On the second-to-last day they received an order from Mohia. It requested that they investigate a listening post malfunction. The quest turned ugly but they succeeded.
- Eventually the fleet was formed and the party went to the Arctic, they fought ice monsters and eventually came across a pipeline, they destroyed it and a chain reaction caused large devastation across the Arctic wastes.
- A large metal entrance was found in the snow and upon exploring it they were attacked by mechanical defenders. Mohia was critically wounded and evacuated from the ruins. The party pressed on and found a damaged but operational Old Kingdom base. They found many ancient items including strange flying machines.
- A demon was found to be roaming the base as it escaped centuries ago. It ambushed the party and the base began to explode around them. The party met up with some Caledonians who were also fleeing the base, they suggested that the flying machines should be activated to leave the base.
- The party than left the base on a damaged flying machine. They got far but eventually crash-landed. They trekked back to base-camp and discovered Jaina, Mohia’s sister, talking to a science team. She reported that due to a pipe-line being destroyed there was indication of a large archaic device failing under the Arctic, “it had something to do with Fusion”.
- The expedition left by boat but the Caledonian ship was the last to leave as they lagged behind to pick up stragglers. Eventually the Arctic exploded into a large mushroom cloud. A shockwave destroyed much of the Caledonian ship, leaving the crew and party to survive freezing cold seas.
- Eventually two more explosions broke out and killed everyone on the surface. The party drowned but were eventually awoken within a strange metal room. This room turned out to be part of a vast vessel that was lying dormant on the seabed. As they explored they came across hideously mutated crewmen. The party eventually re-activated a strange machine that began to project a humanoid shape of light. This machine identified itself as the ship and answered an questions the party had.
- The party discovered that the true nature of the world. The world was landed on 500 years ago by humans and subsequently terraformed into a liveable habitat. Humans lived on the planet till an experimental dimension device went awry, the portal ripped reality and caused demonic forces to ravage the world until an unknown event closed the portals while also wiping most technology off the planet. They than were asked to assist in the destruction of the ship, so as to prevent the plague that mutated the crew from leaving the ship and infecting the world.
- The party escaped the ship on an escape pod as it jumped. They drifted for four-five days before washing up on a strange island.
- They survived on the island for several more days before running into a Medusa that turned them all to stone. A cocky pirate mage by the name of Azuze freed the party and agreed to take them to the edges of Caladon in exchange for gold and a date with Dina.
- The party eventually help the first-mate of the ship, Roxy Galbrini, mutiny against Azuze and take the ship for themselves.
- After taking the ship they are sent to Caladon and get promoted after their debriefing
- The party are given a selection of events that are cropping up and are asked to deal with problem in the kingdom as they see fit, see Objectives for the parties current Caledonian objective.
Story so far
A year condensed into a paragraph